Dave Hompes became inspired about health & wellness after conquering his own health challenges between 2004 and 2007. He wasn’t able to rejuvenate his wellness until he met a functional medicine doctor who was willing to run the right tests and uncover the root cause.
Three digestive infections, adrenal fatigue and low testosterone, and potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6 deficiencies were detected, and once they had been dealt with, Dave was able to completely transform his vitality.
It was at point that he knew his life would be dedicated to helping others rebalance their bodies, renew their health and rediscover their zest for life using a combination of nutrition and lifestyle coaching, stress reduction and functional medicine.
You can get to know Dave a little better by watching this 5 minute video. Just press the play arrow in the middle of the screen (be sure to turn your sound up).
Knowledge & Experience
After 20 years of health, wellness and performance-based training, hundreds of thousands of pages of research study, thousands of hours in a classroom and over 11,000 health, fitness and nutrition client sessions, you can rest assured that Dave’s knowledge, experience, and compassion are at the top of his field.
He has helped a wide range of clients, ranging from five-year old children with digestive and behavioural symptoms to eighty-five year olds with low energy, mood and mobility. Dave has worked with numerous professional athletes and celebrities, including the England rugby union squad, but his passion is in helping people from all walks of life transcend and transform conventional medical thinking to optimise wellness, look and feel great, and improve performance.
Dave has also invested over 4,000 hours of training and reading in human behaviour, wellness psychology and philosophy. These trainings were mainly spent in the U.S. and South Africa and involved learning how to place human wellness into a grander context of evolution, philosophy, mind and purpose.
These trainings included client and peer sessions: listening to people’s struggles and the hurdles they faced on their path to wellness, and hearing their remarkable recoveries from techniques and methods outside or combined with nutrition and functional medicine that involve balancing the mind.
Books and Publications
An avid writer, Dave has written several books and online programmes, primarily on the topic of digestive health. Several more books are planned over the coming 24 to 36 months. Dave has also created hundreds of hours of clinical education content on topics ranging from nutrition, lifestyle and functional medicine to the mind-body connection, stress, business acumen and finances.
List of main publications:
- The H. Pylori Diet
- The H. Pylori Diet Recipe and Cookbook
- H. Pylori: From Heartburn to Heart Attacks
- H. Pylori Home Recovery & Digestive Reset Plan (online programme)
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Parasites
- The Dave Hompes Guide To Digestive Health Testing
- How To Beat Heartburn and GERD Naturally (release summer 2017)
- How To Value Your Health
- The Hompes Method online nutrition and functional medicine training system for clinicians
Dave Hompes also works with other clinicians on their own personal health and has great relationships internationally with colleagues in the wellness & medical field. Dave has a network of Physicians, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Biological Dentists, Exercise Professionals and many other health practitioners that are available to you if pertinent to your case.
Research and Teaching
Dave has taught a wide range of classes and courses to healthcare practitioners around the world, including the U.K., Europe, South Africa, Australia and the U.S. He has lectured at universities in the U.K. and at London’s prestigious Royal Society of Medicine. His three-tiered clinical training mentorship in Functional Nutrition, Functional Medicine and Human Behaviour will be launched in September 2017.
Certifications & Specialties
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach
- Functional Medicine Practitioner
- M.Sc. Sports Science (1998, Loughborough University)
- B.Sc. Sports Science & Geography (1996, Loughborough University)
- Kalish Method Functional Medicine Mentorship
- Functional Medicine University Online Training Program
- MTHFR, Methylation & Biochemistry Master Course
- Methylation & Clinical Genomics – Part I
- SNP Learning Masterclass – MTHFR Support Australia
- Blood Sugar and Insulin Resistance Mastery Course
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (Healthexcel)
- Practical Advanced Detoxification (Healthexcel)
- Empyreance VII – The Mysteries of the Living Cell (Demartini Institute)
- Demartini Method® Facilitator (Stress Reduction, Conflict Resolution)
- Certified Metabolic Typing Advisor
- C.H.E.K. Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level II
- C.H.E.K. Practitioner Level I Corrective Exercise Specialist
- 7x Breakthrough Experience attendee (Demartini Institute)
- Empyreance I – Exploring the Mysteries of Existence (Demartini Institute)
- Prophecy I Experience – mental development, social structures, financial systems, business structures, physical development and familial or relationship dynamics (Demartini Institute)
- Prophecy II – A Profound Exploration of the Mind-Body Connection
- Master Planning For Life (Demartini Institute)
- Speed Reading and Learning Dynamics (Demartini Institute)
- Other certifications include sub-specialities in nutrition, digestion, energy, metabolism; countless seminars, online trainings and mini-classes.
Areas of Practice
- Stress and human behaviour
- Energy and metabolism
- Blood sugar and diabetes
- Hormones (especially female, menstrual and menopausal wellness)
- Mood- Anxiety/Depression
- Weight Loss
- Skin Conditions
If you’d like to work directly 1-on-1 with Dave or his practitioners to uncover your underlying root causes and solve your wellness, stress or anti-aging issues, please click here to see your options for getting started.
Please feel free to email our support team at [email protected] with any questions and I look forward to hearing your success story soon!